The last few years have been the busiest and most successful years yet for the Capital Investment Team. To help the Scottish Government meet its affordable homes target we have significantly increased our programme capacity. To put this into context our unit starts and completion outcomes in 2021 compared to 2016 have increased by 227% and 63% respectively.
The delivery of high quality new homes has not only enabled individuals and families to access suitable housing but has helped sustain communities and the local economy by generating over £118m of housing investment since May 2019 with another £54m expected by March 2022.
The Scottish Government’s Affordable Housing Supply Programme outturn report for 2019/20 confirms that we are the 3rd highest RSL grant recipient for the period.
- Strong collaborative and partnership working with a range of stakeholders.
- Lead developer status in Fife and Clackmannanshire.
- New low carbon homes built to high environmental and performance standards.
- 1,017 new homes started and 845 completed since May 2019.
- 98% overall resident satisfaction for newbuild developments.
- 2 Year Building Performance Study of Kingdom’s Regeneration project is underway with Glasgow School of Art (MEARU).
- Scottish Government Housing to 2040 stakeholder engagement session held and the outcome report published January 2020 to highlight Kingdom’s Regeneration project and its positive impact on the lives of individuals and the community. Overall the new development scored highly on all aspects of the Place Standard and input from the workshop attendees provided first hand testament to a high level of satisfaction, improved wellbeing and greater sense of community.
- Community benefits incorporated into all building contracts to enhance training/employability opportunities and promote life chances; completions since May 2019 have provided 58 work placements and created 181 new jobs and 91 apprenticeships.
- School Partnership Working including H&S visits and artwork competitions.
Our Development have been shortlisted and won a number of different awards – please click on the summary document on the left hand side of the page for more details.