You can become a member of Kingdom if you are aged 16 or over.
We want to ensure that our membership reflects the communities we serve so we welcome applicants of any colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, gender, disability and sexuality.
It is a requirement of membership that members are supportive of the Mission, Vision and Values of Kingdom.
Becoming a member entitles you to:
- attend our Annual General Meeting and any special general meetings that are called.
- vote at meetings you attend
- receive updates on our activities through regular newsletters and annual reports.
- stand for election to our Board of Management (further information below).
Membership costs £1 and all applications will be considered by the Board of Management at their next available meeting.
Join our Board of Management
To help us achieve our goals and build on over four decades of success, we’re looking for inspirational non-executive Board members who can bring their knowledge, experience and creativity to our Boards across the Kingdom Group.
As a Board member, you’ll play a key role in helping our individual companies achieve their strategic goals while contributing to the wider Group objectives. You’ll also have the opportunity to build on your existing professional experience, develop new skills, expand your knowledge and grow your network.
Candidates will be able to commit to regular monthly involvement and understand that these positions are voluntary. Have a look at the Board Member Role Description, Board Member Person Specification and Code of Conduct to see if you think you are suitable for the role.
As per Section 43 of our Rules, a person will not be eligible to be a Committee Member and cannot be appointed or elected as such if:-
- 43.1.1 he/she is an undischarged bankrupt, has granted a trust deed which has not been discharged or is in a current Debt Payment Plan under the Debt Arrangement Scheme; or
- 43.1.2 he/she has been convicted of an offence involving dishonesty which is not spent by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 or an offence under the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005; or
- 43.1.3 he/she is a party to any legal proceedings in any Court of Law by or against the Association; or
- 43.1.4 he/she is or will be unable to attend the Committee Meetings for a period of 12 months; or
- 43.1.5 he/she has been removed from the Committee of another registered social landlord within the previous five years; or
- 43.1.6 he/she has resigned from the Committee in the previous five years in circumstances where the resignation was submitted after the date of his/her receipt of notice of a special committee meeting convened to consider a resolution for his/her removal from the Committee in terms of Rule 44.5; or
- 43.1.7 he/she has been removed from the Committee in terms of Rules 44.4 or 44.5 within the previous five years; or
- 43.1.8 he/she has been removed, disqualified or suspended from a position of management or control of a charity under the provisions of the Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Scotland) Act 1990 or the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005; or
- 43.1.9 he/she has been removed from the office of charity trustee or trustee for a charity by an order made by the Charity Commissioners for England and Wales or by Her Majesty’s High Court of Justice in England on the grounds of any misconduct in the administration of the charity for which he/she were responsible or to which he/she were privy, or which his/her conduct contributed to or facilitated; or
- 43.1.10 a disqualification order or disqualification undertaking has been made against that person under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986 or the Company Directors Disqualification (Northern Ireland) Order 2002 (which relate to the power of a Court to prevent someone from being a director, liquidator or administrator of a company or a receiver or manager of company property or being involved in the promotion, formation or management of a company); or
- 43.1.11 his/her nomination for election to the Committee has been rejected in accordance with Rule 40.3 during the period between the return of the completed nomination form and the commencement of the relevant Annual General Meeting.
If you are interested in joining our Board of Management please complete this Registration of Interest Form and we will be in touch.