Money Advice

We understand it can be difficult for those of you on a low income to ensure all your bills are paid. If you are struggling to manage your money, we can offer you basic financial advice. Please contact us to find out how we can help.

We will do what we can but, if we feel more specialist advice is required, for example on lowering fuel bills, opening a bank account or accessing low cost loans, we will refer you on to other agencies.  If you prefer, you can also obtain independent advice by visiting the Money Advice website.

The changes to benefits as a result of Welfare Reform may also be causing you concern.  We have produced information leaflets which you may find useful. Please click on the Welfare Reform link on this page to find out more.

Universal Credit payments will only be made through a bank account.  The government has realised that this will be a concern for those claimants who for one reason or another do not have a bank account.  In an attempt to address this problem, they have entered into an agreement with some of the major high street banks whereby it will be possible to open a basic bank account.  Please click here for more details.

How can I help?