People with a physical disability have to overcome many challenges and barriers in their lives. We recognise that individuals need a service designed to meet their unique needs to lead a full and meaningful life in the community. We:
- carry out person centred and outcomes focussed planning with the individual and their family, placing the emphasis on empowering individuals to take control of their lives, whether the support is for a few hours a day or a more substantial package.
- develop support to fit into the person’s life which is flexible and structured to suit an individua’sl needs.
- provide support which maximises independent living and enables people to carry out their everyday roles and responsibilities.
- provide practical assistance and support such as personal care and moving and handling.
- involve individuals in identifying their support needs and desired outcomes, finding solutions and discussing options.
- strive to empower individuals to reach their full potential, living an equal and inclusive life.
- ensure all staff are fully trained to meet an individual specific support need.
- work in partnership with family and professionals.
We have experience of supporting people with physical disabilities in a variety of settings from low level visiting support to 24 hour supported accommodation.