The Met Office has several weather warnings in place across our area for Thursday 19 and Friday 20 October, including an amber warning for rain as Storm Babet is likely to bring exceptionally wet and windy conditions across parts of eastern Scotland.
You can check the latest weather warnings from the Met Office here.
While the Amber Weather Warning is in place you can expect:
- Dangerous driving conditions because of spray and flooded roads
- Road closures and bus and train service delays and cancellations likely
- Extensive flooding to homes and businesses is possible, which could lead to collapsed or damaged buildings or structures
- What to do in a flood information is here.
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is likely, causing danger to life
- There is a chance that communities in flooded areas could be completely cut off, perhaps for several days
- Power and other essential services, such as gas, water or mobile phone service, may be lost
Here are 5 Tips for Staying Safe in Heavy Rain.
While it’s safe for us to do so, we will be operating our services as usual. Periods of extreme weather are unpredictable and will are constantly keeping an eye on the conditions to make sure our people stay safe. That means we may need to alter how we operate, but we will keep you up to date if any changes are going to have an impact on you.
If you need to get in touch with us, our emergency contact details are here.