We provide housing support which enables people with addictions to lead full and stable lives. Our aim is to promote health and social wellbeing, helping people to reduce dependency and feel valued, respected and treated as individuals. We:
- understand the addictive nature of drugs and alcohol and are skilled in supporting people to reduce their dependency on substances.
- recognise that long term addiction to drugs and / or alcohol can lead to problems such as debt, unemployment, homelessness, criminal activity, poor health, relationship breakups, chaotic lifestyles and work to support people to deal effectively with these issues.
- know that addiction to alcohol and / or drugs can result in overdose and death and are equipped to respond to such situations.
- appreciate most people want to overcome their addiction but find it difficult to do so on their own, therefore the support we provide can be invaluable.
- are aware that although there is no cure for addiction, many people can and do reduce or eliminate substance misuse from their lives.
- many people, with the correct support, have turned their lives around, reduced the risk of relapse and made positive changes to their lifestyles.
- have staff who are experienced in supporting this client group both in their own tenancies and in temporary accommodation.
- work in partnership with other agencies to devise a recovery plan that will suit the individual’s needs.
We have experience of supporting people with addictions in a variety of settings from low level visiting support to 24 hour supported accommodation.