Kingdom Housing > Repairs > Alterations & Improvements > Alter or Improve your Home

Alter or Improve your Home

Under the terms of your Tenancy Agreement, written permission must be sought from us if you want to:

  • alter, improve or enlarge the house, fittings or fixtures.
  • add new fixtures or fittings (for example kitchen or bathroom installations, central heating or other fixed heaters, double glazing, or any kind of external aerial or satellite dish).
  • put up a garage, shed or other structure.
  • decorate the outside of the house.
  • lay laminate flooring or tiling.

We will not refuse permission unreasonably.  We may grant permission with conditions regarding the standard of the work.  If you make a request to us for permission to carry out alterations or improvements to your home, we will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible.

If you carry out any alterations or improvements without our permission, we are entitled to restore the house to its previous condition during, or at the end of, your tenancy.  If we do so, we are entitled to charge you for this work.

If you would like to apply for permission to alter or improve your home, please complete the Alterations and Improvements Request Form.



Here’s our latest Alterations and Improvements Request Form

How can I help?