To create a development of high quality, distinctiveness and local identity to meet the local housing needs in the area.
- Create a development which is sustainable, innovative and resource efficient through the incorporation of a range of environmental features to reduce the development’s carbon footprint.
- Promote tenant/community involvement in the design and decision making process.
- Observe the site’s context and integrate any new development with the surrounding built environment at both a physical and community based level.
- Provide a safe and pleasant environment providing security, as well as being modern and attractive.
- Re-establish connectivity with the existing town through accessible and legible pedestrian and vehicular routes with appropriate supervision.
- Provide a mix of house types, with housing designed on a scale appropriate to the surrounding environs.
- Meet the needs of the community in terms of choice of housing through mixed tenure and affordability.
- Provide housing which is accessible and adaptable by observing Barrier Free and Housing for Varying Needs Principles.
- Create a platform for the analysis, investigation of need and use of appropriate community facilities, within the wider Kincardine area.
- To create a “Sense of Place”.