To create a development of high quality, distinctiveness and local identity, which is sustainable, meets housing needs, delivers quality and recognizes aspirations, affordability and value for money.
- Co-ordinate a phased redevelopment of Fraser Avenue
- Promote a coherent overall development within the constraints of the retained area
- Promote high quality standards of planning and urban design; create a modern and attractive place to live
- Provide a safe, secure and pleasant environment
- Create a development which is sustainable and energy efficient (Silver Standard)
- Promote the involvement of tenants and residents in the design and decision making process
- Provide housing which is accessible and adaptable by observing Barrier Free and Housing for Varying Needs principles
- Meet the demands of the area in terms of housing need
A Development Brief has been prepared by partners involved in the regeneration to give:
- clear guidance in respect of the aspirations and vision of the partners involved in the project.
- key issues and factors to be addressed in the site’s redevelopment.
- a clear and strategic framework for the planning and design of the sites redevelopment as a phased approach.
High levels of community / tenant engagement are planned including:
- consultation events & workshops
- tenant choice (for returning residents)
A number of added value projects will progress in association with building works / redevelopment programme. These are likely to include projects that
- deliver training and employment opportunities.
- contribute to environmental sustainability.
- involve local schools and community.
A Governance Structure has been established through which the redevelopment will be delivered.
For more information on the redevelopment please email Kingdom Housing Association, Development Administration firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01383 515949.